In accordance to the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario (CPO) and Ontario Ministry of Health (MOH), Physiotherapists are encouraged to implement a system for virtual and/or telephone consultations as a preferred option, when and where possible. This initial consultation will determine if a virtual/telephone treatment will suffice or if in-person care is necessary and essential. The purpose of this is to support physical distancing efforts. Physiotherapists should consider providing some care virtually even if an in-person visit is needed in order to minimize the in-person time required.
- COVID-19 Pre-Screening- Electronic Pre-screening is no longer required according to the MOH. However, please continue to pre-screen at home, and if you are experiencing any symptoms, and/or have been in contact with a confirmed positive COVID-19 individual, please stay home and reschedule your appointment.
- Mask/Face coverings- No longer mandatory, but are recommended.
- Hand Sanitizer- Hand sanitizer will be available for your use in the clinic
- Please ensure all online intake and consent forms are completed prior to your appointment.
- Feeling sick? PLEASE STAY HOME! Feel free to complete the MOH Self-Assessment Tool if you would like to take additional precautions. No cancellation fee will be charged if you are not well.
- Therapist PPE- Masks are not mandatory, however, if you prefer to have the therapist wear one, please let her know. She may also choose to be wearing a mask. Please respect the therapists masking choice, as yours will be respected while at the clinic.
- Hand Hygiene- The therapist will follow strict hand washing protocol, including before and after each patient, before and after donning and doffing gloves, and also as necessary throughout the treatment session. Hand sanitizer will also be available and used throughout each session in the treatment room.
- Enhanced Sanitization- The treatment space will be thoroughly sanitized between patients, as well as highly touched surfaces, equipment, or any other area which may have become contaminated. Additional time is being scheduled between patients to endure adequate time for sanitization.
Let's all keep doing our part to limit the spread of COVID-19, while at the same time getting back to working together for your physical well-being!